ClevaMama is committed to protecting your personal information. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights. Handy Baby Products Ltd, trading as ClevaMama (“ClevaMama”, “we” or “us”) is the data controller. www.clevamama.com whose registered address is Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 Y2E1, Ireland
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support: https://clevamama.com/pages/contact-us
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
ClevaMama collects the following data:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.clevamama.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g., if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media)
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and data necessary for the fulfilment of your orders including your name, email address, delivery address
- Information collected automatically, using cookies https://clevamama.com/pages/cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g., which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our site.
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent. Any payment information is collected, processed, and stored securely by third party suppliers Shopify and Navision.
We will never collect more than is necessary in line with the data minimisation principle of GDPR.
How do we collect your data?
We collect personal data from you in the following ways:
- Website Purchases - By ordering through the website you will provide your billing contact details – your name, billing address, phone number and email address. You have the option to supply a different delivery address and specify a different contact name at that delivery address. The payment data you provide when making an online purchase through our website is processed externally by Further information on how Shopify process and use your data can be viewed at: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Newsletter Subscription/ SMS subscription / Online Account / Online Forms - You may also provide your personal data including name, email address and phone number when setting up an account online, subscribing to our newsletter, sms marketing or using our online customer support form.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- We receive Technical Data from various third parties such as analytics providers (Google Analytics). This anonymous data is used to improve website usability, identify, and resolve technical issues and assist customers experiencing technical issues. We do not pass on data attained from analytics providers to third parties.
- Our use of your details will depend on you and what you are doing: browsing or buying if you are new to us or a registered customer.
- We may share your personal information within our organisation for internal reporting purposes, in order to facilitate business improvement and efficacy, including research, systems and/or supplier testing and the development of new products. We have specifically identified where we use your personal information with your consent across the group for marketing purposes below.
You are under no obligation to give us all of this personal information but if you choose not to do so, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive the best customer experience. However, that is your choice, and we will respect it.
How Do We Use Your Data?
Depending on how you use our website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise our website to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history, and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain our website and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g., we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by email. We may contact you by post, phone, email, SMS, and other electronic means. We do not supply your personal data to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g., where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g., where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of our website, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
- We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services.
Fraud prevention and detection
- We use any of the above categories of information to identify, prevent and detect fraud, against either you or against ClevaMama. Detecting and preventing fraud is an unfortunate, but essential part of our service and our contract commitment to you. Legally, we are obliged to do this.
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored securely in Ireland (Navision). It may also be processed and stored outside the EEA by third parties (Mailchimp, Omnisend & Shopify). Where data is processed outside of the EEA, we ensure companies have certified compliance to the Privacy Shield framework. The EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks were designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission and Swiss Administration to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States in support of transatlantic commerce.
How Do We Keep Your Data Secure?
We have put in place technical and organisational measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties (see above) who have a business need-to-know. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security incident and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected incident where we are legally required to do so.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal information to you.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers including contact, identity, financial and transactional data for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data, please see YOUR RIGHTS section below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can contact our Customer Support and request that we close your account. However, we have a legal requirement to keep some of your personal data even after you have asked us to delete it. We will only keep what we absolutely need to, and only to make sure we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions.
ClevaMama would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may also opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop ClevaMama from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact Customer Support or click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our emails.
If you unsubscribe from marketing messages, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g., order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights). Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of purchasing through the website.
What Are Your Rights?
You have several rights over your personal information, which are:
Unsubscription/Removal of data
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e., where processing is based on our legitimate interests
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us via the details below.
Or write to us at:
ClevaMama.com, Unit B3A, Airport Business Park, Cloghran, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 Y2E1, Ireland
Privacy policies of other websites (Third-party links)
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Should these changes affect any activities performed on the basis of your consent, we will contact you to obtain that consent.
How to contact us
Telephone: 01 8770724
Address: ClevaMama.com, Unit B3A, Airport Business Park, Cloghran, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 Y2E1, Ireland
How to contact the appropriate authorities
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at: https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/contact/how-contact-us